An anagram is a type of word play, which is created by rearranging letters of a word in order to form new words from given letters. This enables to create new constellations and new meanings. The same procedure can be done with an ORCHESTRA which suddenly becomes a CARTHORSE by rearranging letters. However, if you would like to know more about anagrams in particular, check out our main article about anagrams.
There are numerous of funny anagrams you can find in the internet. We’ll start soon our own newspaper The Daily Anagram. However, word-grabber.com has put the funniest of them into record for you:
Popular funny Anagrams
- The Morse Code – here come dots
- The eyes – they see
- Waitress – a stew, Sir?
- Breasts – bra sets
- Graduation – out in a drag
- Debit card – bad credit
- A decimal point – I’m a point in place
- Achievements – nice, save them
- Dormitory – dirty room
- Confessional – on scale of sin
- Statue of Liberty – built to stay free
- Evangelist – evil’s agent
- Astronomer – moon starer
- Apple Inc – epic plan
- Stupid girl – drips guilt
- Frito lay – oily fart
- Baseball – babes all
- Christmas – trims cash
- year two thousand – a year to shut down
- Santa Monica – satanic moan
- ipod lover – poor devil
- Narcissim – man’s crisis
- Comfort is – microsoft
- Hot water – worth tea
- Darling, I love you – avoiding our yell
- The country side – no city dust here
- I hate school – oh so ethical
- No admittance – contaminated
- Austin Powers – power us satin
- Eleven plus two – twelve plus one
- Schoolmaster – the classroom
- A shoplifter – has to pilfer
- Chemistry – shit, me cry
- Garbage man – bag manager
Since there are politicians there are also jokes about them. Taking the names of them and forming funny phrases seems to be an easy idea as well as a good one.
- George Bush – he grew bogus
- Grand Old Party – Portly Grandad
- Western Union – no wire unsent
- Dick Cheney – needy chick
- Margaret Thatcher – that great charmer
- Ronald Wilson Reagan – insane anglo warlord
- Saddam Hussain – humans sad side
- Angela Merkel – Eek! All German!
Anagrams of famous person’s names
What works with politicians also works with VIPs.
- Bob Marley – marble boy
- John Mayer – enjoy harm
- William Shakespeare – I am a weakish speller
- Gene Simmons – immense song
- Barbie doll – liberal bod
- George Bush – he bugs Gore
- Bruce Springsteen – creep bringes tunes
- Tom Cruise – so I’m cuter
- Dick Cheney – needy chick
- Jennifer Aniston – fine in torn jeans
- Spice Girls – pig slices
- David Letterman – Nerd amid late TV
- Sherlock Holmes – he’ll mesh crooks
- Actor Sylvester Stallone – very cool talentless star
- Clint Eastwood – old west action
- Sheryl Crow – her slow cry
- T.S. Eliot – toilets
- Elvis – lives
- Justin Timberlake – I’m a jerk but listen
- Mel Gibson – big melons
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – a German famous waltzgod
- Kim Kardashian – I am a kind shark
- Leonardo da Vinci – O draconian devil
Find more funny anagrams of VIPs on our anagram site.
There Is More To Come
While there are numerous of creative anagram phrases which amused me a lot, I was even more impressed when I found out that there are people outside, who create whole poems out of anagrams.
One example, which impressed me most, is the poem of Leslie M. Kapshaw – she rearranged the first eight lines of William Shakespeare’s sonnet #116 in a very amusing style.
By William Shakespeare
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken. […]
Oh Damn! Must I Refrigerate?
By Leslie Marie Kapshaw
I, altogether a formed instrument,
Despite slim motivation, mend love
In what we’d call a fitter Shinto shrine;
Where vermin rot, betroth some dove.
A fork (an extreme division
Soon eventless in the dark paths) makes not
That street biker advisory warning
So. I laugh when he knows what the non-bikers thought.
Do you have some more funny anagrams for us? Why not post them – either on the facebook page of word-grabber.com or as a comment below this article. We are curious about your ideas.